1.02.2010

Cape Cod Trip

It has been so long since I have had the chance to travel out of Florida. I spent a few days in Cape Cod visiting family for the holidays and then stopped in downtown Boston before flying out. Boy was it cold. Living in South Florida for most of my life, anything below 50 degrees is freezing. With the temperature at 20 degrees and windy, I was not prepared.



We stayed at my Uncle Pete's girlfriend's house right on the bay.



The living room was bright with light from the low winter sun.




 

 

My uncle Pete and I took a walk down to the bay adjacent to the house so I could take some shots as the sun went down. It was probably about a 20 mph wind and I could only last for about 10 minutes before I gave up because of the cold. 




 
 







 

Here are some snapshots I took as we all said goodbye as we departed from the house.







We had some time to kill before our flight later that evening and my dad, brother and I stopped in downtown Boston for a while. The plan was to walk around and snap some photos and get some pizza. Due to the cold, it turned into me shooting drive by style as my dad and brother speed walked through Boston Common and looked for pizza . It was just before sunset as we went through Boston and the sun was out with blue skies. I'm used to associating sun and blue skies with warmth, but this day it was uncomfortably cold.



 

 

 





 

 

Boston Common















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alex, great photos of Boston - glad you did not freeze to death. CGM

Unknown said...

loveeeee