11.27.2010

Surveillance

As part of my Photojournalism class at school, one of the assignments was to create an entry for the World Photo Organisation's Student Focus Competition. The guidelines for the competition were that your image should draw on themes explored within the Tate Modern’s Exposed: Voyeurism, Surveillance and the Camera exhibition. I chose to focus my image around surveillance. My idea was to capture the moment of a girl walking in an alleyway clutching her purse as she notices she is being followed. This is definitely one of those times were I visualized what I wanted in my head and was able to create it pretty spot on to what I imagined. It feels good when you can put something together in your head and execute it to a t. While I wanted it to be lit nicely I still wanted to keep the mood of an alleyway at night. Here is my final image.


Here are some others from the night. The model is Kiersten Wallace  



No comments: